Map It » East End Kentucky Approach
View a map of the East End Kentucky Approach.
The East End Kentucky Approach to the new East End Bridge will serve as an extension of
I-265 (Gene Snyder Freeway) from its current termination at U.S. 42 to the bridge. The
section will add a new, four-lane (two northbound, two southbound) 1.4-mile section to the
Gene Snyder Freeway, which will connect to the Lee Hamilton Highway in Indiana via the
East End Bridge.
This section has several distinctive features, including:
- A 2,000-foot tunnel under U.S. 42 and the historic Drumanard Estate
- A redesigned partial interchange at U.S. 42 that retains current access allowing traffic to enter and exit KY 841 only in the direction of I-71
- An overpass crossing Harrods Creek at the Harrods Creek Marina
- A new traffic signal at the U.S. 42/KY 841 intersection, synchronized with the signal at the adjacent intersection of U.S. 42 and Wolf Pen Branch Road (Component completed in early 2007)
- A multi-use pathway near the Ohio River Terrace Character Area
For more information, contact the East End Indiana Approach project team via the online comment form found here.