Map It » Downtown Indiana Approach
View a map of the Downtown Indiana Approach.
The Downtown Indiana Approach includes the realignment of southbound I-65 to the current Kennedy Bridge and construction of a new segment of northbound I-65 from the new downtown bridge.
The improvements to the existing configuration include:
- A new ramp system connecting the Clark Memorial Bridge with I-65
- Additional access between Clarksville and Jeffersonville with the opening of Sixth Street under I-65
- A new connection with I-65 at Court Avenue
- A reconfigured Interchange at 10th Street
- Improved access at I-65 north of Stansifer Avenue
Design work for the section is scheduled to begin in early 2008 with construction expected to begin by 2014. A completion target date for the entirety of the Downtown Indiana Approach is 2020.
The design consultant for the Downtown Indiana Approach is Butler, Fairman and Seufert of Indianapolis, Ind. Jim Hamilton serves as project manager.
For more information, contact the Downtown Indiana Approach project team via the online comment form found here.